Relationship Manager (South West & Wales)
Location: South West & Wales
Salary: Competitive for industry and experience
We need to fill this role to support our growth strategy and service our growing sales funnel. You will be required to develop key relationships with brokers and intermediaries, not only winning new deals, but owning them from enquiry to completion.
Our reputation is built on the quality of our service and a commitment to deliver deals on the terms agreed at the start, which may require you to undertake accompanied client visits to the property or development. To make life easier though, you’ll get all the support you need and we have our own in-house legal team to help speed your deals through.
If you’re up for the challenge of working in an ambitious specialist short-term property finance business, then read on to understand how we expect our Relationship Managers to:
- Promote our proposition and product range as brand ambassador, effectively positioning Signature Property Finance as the ‘lender of choice’ for both Bridging and Development Finance.
- Generate at least £1M business per month through effective relationship management of your broker network.
- Help develop the knowledge and skills of the lending support team member assigned to you, supervising all deals in line with our credit policy, ensuring they approved by the Lending Managers before progressing credit papers. We will expect you to have a sound credit knowledge and together with your lending support assistant, take ownership of your cases to manage your pipeline through to completion.
- Support the Sales Director on developing a wider intermediary initiative, focused on developing key business introducers.
- Develop a rationale in association with the Sales Director for quality enquiries that lie outside company lending policy and communicate findings to Credit Risk department for their consideration. We are a business that looks to complete on quality lending opportunities, and we will expect you to structure opportunities that fall ‘outside of the box’ to maximise business potential.
- Develop a good understanding of all our policies, procedures and compliance guidelines, instilling the principles in your daily work to protect the company from any associated risks.
- Liaise regularly with internal and external departments, such as: processing; underwriting; and solicitors, to monitor service standards (SLAs), deal quality, and highlight successes and ideas for innovation and improvement.
- Write credit papers to present high quality, specialist deals in the interest of the client, while maintaining profitability for Signature.
- Attend external events such as roadshows and roundtables, and deliver presentations to large audiences, where appropriate, to increase brand awareness.
It goes without saying, but you’ll need to be organised, able to work under pressure and optimise your time, whilst being a team player when needed.
A deep understanding of the short term finance industry and existing strong broker relationships already on ‘your patch’ are critical to being the ‘Big Hitter’ we are looking for.
In return we offer an industry competitive basic salary, with excellent commission structure together with a car allowance and pension scheme.
Still interested? Then tidy up your CV, check it for accuracy and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and if we think you have what it takes to meet our exacting standards, we’ll be in touch.